What does this
mean for you?
Retirement is often seen start of a new chapter and the start of a whole new adventure. Retirement planning isn’t just about getting your funds organised, it’s about how you wish to spend your new-found freedom.
When you retire, you may want to take the opportunity to change your lifestyle completely, move home, start a new business or travel the world. And like all big projects, the more you can plan and think it through, the better your future could potentially be.
Our retirement planning service can advise on:
We can advise on the most suitable annuity for your circumstances and search the whole market to find you the best deal. By checking and assessing all annuity providers, we could get you more money in retirement.
Moving your personal pensions into one policy could potentially make it easier to plan for retirement and reduce the chances of losing track of your money. We can advise on whether pension consolidation is in your best interests and if you can save money when it comes to pension drawdown by consolidating your personal pension.
Our retirement planning service can advise on the best options for drawing down your pension. The service could include making the most of tax-efficiencies, searching the market for a better fund and effective management plans to help make your money last in your retirement.
Whether you have ten years or 2 years before you want to retire, we can help and advise on the best strategy to maximise your retirement funds. We’ll deliver all your options and whether buying an annuity or pension drawdown is the best for you.
What are your options when you reach retirement age?
As you reach retirement age, you’ve got several options to decide in regards to taking income from your pension. Everyone is different, and taking your retirement income is a personal decision, but speaking with a financial adviser could help you make the most of your pension pot.
1. Leave your pension pot where it is: if you’ve alternative means of income saved, like an ISA or savings fund, leaving your pension funds invested could help grow even more, and ready for when you do need the extra income.
2. Buy a secure income: with the uncertainty across the UK financial markets, buying a secure retirement income through a pension annuity, could give you peace of mind and the security you need with a guaranteed income for the rest of your life.
3. Get adjustable income: you could take 25% of your pension pot tax-free (if you haven’t already taken this bonus) and leave this rest invested to draw when you require. This is called pension drawdown.
4. Take the whole pension pot as cash: you can withdraw all of your retirement savings in one go, paid as a cash lump sum. Current rules mean you can take 25% tax-free (if you haven’t already taken your tax-free lump sum) and the rest will be taxed at your income tax rates.
5. Take out your money in chunks: you could take smaller sums of money as and when you like until your pension pot runs out. This could help with retirement planning and income tax efficiencies.
Who Can We Help?
Due to the constraints and terms of various pension funds, our Retirement Planning service can only advise people who fit into the below criteria:
We can advise on:
- Private or personal pensions
- Old workplace pensions
- Defined benefit (final salary) pensions
- Pensions valued over £10,000
We can’t advise on:
- State pension enquiries
- Unfunded public-sector pensions (E.g NHS)
- Non-UK residents or looking to leave the UK
- If you’re already receiving annuity payments
- Pensions valued under £10,000